Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Returning Candidates

Resuming Testing After a Lapse of Time

Once you are approved to sit for the exam, you are forever approved. It is unnecessary to undergo another credentials evaluation. Depending on the length of your lapse, it may be necessary for you to update your demographic information and request access to an online account. If you are not certain you have an online account, please contact our office.

Once you have established an online account, you can resume testing whenever you are ready. Link #5, CBT Examination Request, will be highlighted in your online account. Our office may reach out for clarification regarding the date you earned your degree before that exam request can be sent to NASBA. After you have used Link #5 for the first time, the remaining link available to you will be #4, Re-Examination Request.

Note that whether you are using link #4 or #5, the number of exams you select are the number you must take in six months and the number for which NASBA will bill you.

Verify Your Exam Scores or Certification

We have three different ways to verify your exams scores and/or certification for a different jurisdiction:

  1. If the other jurisdiction requires that we fill out their official form, please submit that form, accompanied by a check or money order for $30, to our mailing address:

Illinois Board of Examiners
Suite 107
1120 East Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563

  1. If you want to pay online, you must use our reporting form. Please log in to your account at the ILBOE where you can make the request for verification and pay.
  1. If you do not have the other jurisdiction’s form, and you don’t have an online account, you can print out our Request for Verification form and mail it with a check or money order for $30 to the above mailing address.

You need another copy of your certificate

Requesting a duplicate certificate can be done online through the ILBOE website, or you can mail in the Duplicate Certificate Request form. Login to your account and click on the “Certified Public Accountant” link found under “Your Certification.” If you do not have an online account, submit the Online Account Access Request form found under the Forms tab.


You cannot remember your certificate number

Click on the Login button at the top right of our homepage. Under Functions, click on CPA Certification Look-Up.