Understand the Testing Process
Once you receive the official approval letter, you can begin requesting exams through your online account at the ILBOE website. After you log in, select the Initial Exam Request. Bear in mind that the number of exams you select are the number you must take in six months and the number for which NASBA will bill you.
The test confirmation letter you then receive from the ILBOE will have your Jurisdiction ID in the upper right corner. You use this number for all your business with NASBA. First, wait for an invitation from NASBA to open an account. Then, using your jurisdiction id, go to NASBA and create that account. In 1-2 business days you will receive a bill for your selected exams called a Payment Coupon. You have 90 days to make this payment, after which the PC expires.
Any other exam requests after the first one are considered a Re-Exam. This link will be the only highlighted choice within your ILBOE online account.
Make an Exam Request
- Log into your account at the ILBOE website.
- Click “Online Applications” located under the Functions menu.
- The Initial Exam Request link is active only for the first time you pick an exam(s).
- For any other exam request after the first, click the Re-Exam Request
- Remember- when making an exam request, the number of exams you select are the number you must take in six months and the number for which NASBA will bill you.
You receive Provisional Status based on your promise to finish the classes and/or degree program in which you are currently enrolled. It is imperative to prove you finished those classes by submitting an official transcript as soon as the grades are posted and/or degree conferred.
If for some reason you neglect to submit the transcript(s) as soon as it is available, be aware of the deadline dates associated with the term under which you are approved.
Failure to submit a transcript(s) by the deadline date assigned to your term means your exam scores could be voided and your candidacy revoked.